Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Take your antibiotics


From Darkhorizons, "New Line has obtained remake rights to 2004 Japanese hospital horror film "Infection" and set up the project with original producer Takashige Ichise along with Vertigo Entertainment. The studio has hired Channing Gibson ("Walking Tall," "Cradle 2 The Grave") to script. U.S. version will be set in an isolated hospital where the staff -- stymied by mistakes and coverups -- races to battle a deadly infection that turns out to be of supernatural origin..."

2 comments:

JPX said...

I watched this for Horrorthon 2005 and I can't imagine an American remake ever being as gross as the original. Stupid America.

Octopunk said...

Yeah! Stupid America.

(That reminds me of my favorite Mayor Quimby line, when he's besieged by an office full of shouting people, and he tells them to go blow, and his aid whispers "uh, election in November election in November" in his ear and he says, loudly: "What, again? This stupid country!")

What's funny is, when I saw no emails from you this morning I wondered if you were out. I was gonna make a post "JPX calls in sick" and use a still from Infection.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...