Monday, October 01, 2007

Gojira...uh, dvd sampler

About ten minutes into the Horrorthon my efforts hit the first speed bump. I stuck in the disc for the original 1954 Japanese "Godzilla" and it was trailers and clips. Good trailers and clips, mind you, in that they really made me want to see the movie -- although now that I say that, the evidence really points to the fact that I already wanted to see it regardless. Sigh.

Unsurprisingly, the little bits I did see confirmed for me that this movie is indeed a horror movie. The film has a default noir look, people run and society breaks down, and the monster lumbers across the screen as a dark shadow of destruction. I can't wait to see it.

Of course this doesn't count as actually having watched the movie. But it was a fun start, especially as there was no way to know what everybody was saying, since the subtitles were in yet another language I don't know.

Can't wait to find out what Eyepatch is saying.


Or what she's saying back

.

No comments:

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...