Sunday, November 09, 2008

Quantum of Horrorthon?


I don't know who is going to be in Rhode Island on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, but I am throwing out an idea.
The Swede and I will be in Rhode Island from Monday-Friday that whole week, reminding ourselves why we don't visit more often... I was hoping the local Horrorthoners would be up for another group outing.
I was thinking, since so many of our members are former proud employees of the lovely Showcase Cinemas in Seekonk, we could start there. Would anyone care to join me, and the oft spoken of never-seen Swede, for a viewing of Quantum of Solace on Wednesday night with drinks afterward.
I'm especially hoping we get to meet Mr AC (speaking of never-seen!), and Mr Freek. I'm also hoping my son goes to sleep at 7PM at his Grandmother's, and stays asleep, otherwise I will be receiving a desperate call to return and keep him from hyperventilating.
Who's in?

10 comments:

JPX said...

Depending on when you're around I'd be down with that!

miko564 said...

I'm thinking that Wednesday, the night before Turkey-day. We could take in the showing around 8, which would give me time to knock Max unconscious.

Is there any place to get drinks after the movie in Seekonk?

Catfreeek said...

I think that might work for me but my better half won't be home from work til 9:30. Maybe we can do the drink thing. Just lemme know where you guys decide on going.

JPX said...

Unfortunately from Wednesday on I'll be in Vermont =(

AC said...

i would love to see this movie with my blog buddies. i would love to meet the swede. i (or we, if mr ac wishes to-be-seen) might be able to swing weds night, though that is an especially rough day for travel of any sort into and out of boston.

miko564 said...

A'ight, that's two votes against the Wed. What about Tuesday night? Actually, T, W, Th, works for us, so why don't we figure out who wants to go, and what scheds are like.
Anyone free on Tuesday?

DKC said...

We can probably be pretty flexible with days, so whatever works for the crowd I think we could do!

Catfreeek said...

Any night is pretty much ok with me I'm just not sure about Mr.Freek's schedule at this point but I'm sure we could make some arrangements.

AC said...

tuesday evening would work for me.

miko564 said...

Tuesday it is then.
We can't come until Max has fallen asleep at my Mom's, usually around 7PM, because he will lose his mind if we leave him alone with his Grandmother while awake. (He's apparently smarter than he looks.)
Mom lives in E. Providence, so we are only 5-10 minutes from Seekonk, so anything after 8 for the movie should work.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...