Thursday, November 06, 2008

Prom Night III: The Last Kiss


(1990) Zero stars

Poor Hamilton High, the Camp Crystal Lake of high schools. Once again the students must face death when, still pissed, Mary Lou escapes from hell. We’re soon introduced to Alex, a dysthymic high school senior who believes that he's being prevented from realizing his dreams – “I want to fly but my souls still has wings” he tells his girlfriend. Fortunately this is Alex’s lucky day. One night he goes to Hamilton High to retrieve some schoolbooks he left there (?) While wandering the dark halls he runs into the ghost of Mary Lou, who seduces and screws him – so what if she’s an evil ghost, she’s hot!


I want to realize my dreams

For some reason (probably so there can be some sort of plot) Mary Lou falls for boring Alex and eliminates anyone who gets in his way. She kills the guidance counselor with a hair dryer that squirts battery acid, she kills the science teacher with ice cream cones (don’t ask), and she kills an asshole jock by throwing a football through him. Alex is slow to respond to all this killing and seems unperturbed initially. Eventually he tries to put his foot down but Mary Lou gets angry at him and has him framed for the murders. In order to stop her from additional killing he reluctantly agrees to go with her to hell (?). Will Alex’s original girlfriend be able to save him from this terrible fate? Um, yes.


Can you not throw it as hard next time?

Another awful sequel to the mediocre original, Prom Night III was supposed to be a comedy but fails at every level. The plot description will serve as my review because no analysis is necessary to keep you away from this turkey.

4 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I know you told us not to ask but - death by ice cream cone? I don't think I'm the only one here who would like some clarification...

Catfreeek said...

~raises hand and jumps up and down screaming, "me too, me too!"

DKC said...

Oo! Oo, OO!

That's supposed to be a Horshack reference. Somehow, "Oo" doesn't seem to really be right, but it's all I got.

Octopunk said...

Hmm, yeah, that's a tough one. How do you spell that throaty quality?

I'm even more curious how one would frame someone for murders involving superhuman/supernatural powers. "He threw that football at mach 3, I just know it!"

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...