Monday, November 03, 2008

Slugs


(1988)***

“We have a mutant form of killer slugs on the loose!”

After years of illegally dumping toxic waste a rural community is visited by karma in the form of mutated, killer slugs. Health inspector Mike Brady (tee-hee) figures out everything pretty quickly but finds it hard to convince the mayor despite mounting evidence. Why are mayors always obstructionistic in these animals run amok films? Mike Brady (tee-hee) eventually hooks up with a scientist and a sanitation officer to battle the slimy menace.


Damn straight slugs can be dangerous!

More b-movie fun from the late 80s! Apparently all the good killer mutated animal ideas had already been taken so what the hell, why not killer slugs? This is a ridiculous movie with a really stupid premise. Although too much time is devoted to relationship issues between some of the principal characters, there’s enough gory killer slug action to keep things fun. It’s a perfect check-your-brain-at-the-door Horrorthon fare.

5 comments:

DKC said...

I hate slugs. They totally gross me out.

That being said couldn't they just dump a shitload of salt on the town and be done with it?

JPX said...

They kind of do something like that!

Catfreeek said...

I remember this movie, that toilet scene had me looking in the bowl before I sat. I didn't want anything to attach itself to my butt.

Whirlygirl said...

Great idea, DCD!

Octopunk said...

I was thinking about doing this one last year (along with Frogs) but I didn't get around to it.

Don't slugs basically move as fast as snails? If you get bagged by slugs you probably deserve it.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...