Sunday, October 05, 2008

ils (Them)

(2006) *****

Lucas & Clem live in a quiet home out in the country. Life there is pleasant and relaxing, the house is huge and beautiful. It's a real dream home. One night Clem begins to hear noises and wakes Lucas up. They go outside to investigate only to find that someone is driving off in their car. They return to house and phone the police. Just as they are beginning to settle back down they realize that someone is in the house. Let the games begin.


I really wasn't expecting much from this film. It's rather short and based on true events which often times makes for a blah film. Was I wrong. This movie is filled with tension, my palms were actually sweaty when I was watching it. I found myself holding my breath as they turned each corner in the house.



This left me with my nerves on edge and feeling like maybe a quiet house in the country isn't such a good thing. The noises that echo throughout the woods are unnerving. A really great thrill ride, I loved it.

6 comments:

DKC said...

Totally cool, freeek! Sounds like a winner.

Whirlygirl said...

I agree, I'm going to have to see this.

miko564 said...

So is this the film that that remade with Liv Tyler this past year?

If so, it sounds like the foreign film was superior again.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

*****? Damn Catfreeek. I could spend the rest of the month watching your recommendations alone!

(I can't though, gotta get back to the erotic nonsensical psychadelic witch movie I'm in the middle of...)

Catfreeek said...

Miko~it is in fact the foreign original to "The Strangers" although I didn't know that myself until I just looked it up. I haven't seen the American version yet.

Octopunk said...

Home invasion is another tough sell for me. At least I know there's a really good foreign version of this one.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...