Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shallow Ground


(2004) ***½

The sheriff’s department of a small mountain community is pack up office and getting ready to close it’s doors. Out of nowhere a naked boy covered from head to toe in blood and carrying a knife walks into the office. He won’t speak so they handcuff him to a table and close him in a room. They have the blood analyzed and it s definitely human and comes from at least 3 different people. A deputy accidentally touches the boy and he has visions of heinous crimes that were committed.

The sheriff keeps hearing the voice of a victim from a long ago unsolved murder calling out to him. It gets even weirder when on the door of the room the boy is in, the words “No one leaves” suddenly appear scrawled in blood. The message becomes crystal clear when a bus full of people is halted mysteriously on it’s way out of town. They run the boy’s fingerprints and the results are shocking. His prints are direct matches for several long dead murder victims. The sheriff is lead directly into the hands of a dangerous murderer.

I dare not give any more of this tense and suspenseful movie away. I enjoyed it but felt it took and unnecessary turn at the very end. The story is different, not something I’ve directly seen before and in this day & age you really have to give and extra ½ point for being unique. All in all the film was pretty cool.

7 comments:

JPX said...

Yeah this movie is great! I also like the techno soundtrack.

JPX said...

Oops, I thought this was Shallow grave, but I liked Shallow Ground too!

Catfreeek said...

Shallow grave is great too.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Shallow Grave is a friggin' masterpiece!

I reacted the exact way you did to this movie Catfreeek!

Whirlygirl said...

I havn't seen Shallow Ground or Shallow Grave, but will check them both out.

DKC said...

I also haven't seen either of these movies. I'm getting kind of tired of writing that.

Great review!

Julie said...

I caught this movie by accident. A woman I used to do improv with is in it, I think. Lindsay Vallencourt.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...