Friday, October 31, 2008

Trilogy of Terror

(1975) ***

In ToT, we are treated to three short tales of the macabre. Tale one involves Julie, an introverted lit professor who is being blackmailed by one of her students. Tale two shows us the world of Millicent and Therese, two sisters who couldn't be more dissimilar. In tale three Amelia brings home a Zuni warrior fetish... with strict instructions not to take off that little chain around his waist.

The first story is OK, but not scary; the second story telegraphs its twist about a minute in; Amelia delivers the "terror" goods. The Zuni fetish, once freed from its chain, relentlessly and bloodily attacks Amelia with teeth and knife and chattery gibberish. If I'd seen this segment as a child I would have been petrified and traumatized; Horrorthon veteran that I am, and with Octo, 50p, and Catfreeek's reviews to cue me, the diminutive Zuni warrior provoked more giggles than fright.

I'm the fourth to review ToT for the blog and heartily recommend reading former reviews. Since this is my last movie of the thon, I have taken the liberty of factoring my pleasure in re-reading the first three reviews into my overall rating. Given its disproportionate impact on our group I almost feel ToT should be required viewing on the blog... maybe next year? ToTothon!

1 comment:

Catfreeek said...

AC~you have to imagine yourself seeing that thing when you were about 8 or 9 years old and before reading 50's review of course. Damn, that Hamburgler comment is just way to funny to ignore.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...