Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Near Dark

(1987) ***

I agree with Catfreeek's rating - read review here.

And as she did a great job with plot summary and introducing all of the characters, I'm going to be kind of lazy on this one. I think this was solid 80's fun. As freeek mentioned, this movie is really more of a love story. It also begs the moral question of whether or not someone who is turned into a vampire can handle the killing. Poor Caleb has quite a time with that issue. You get some nice blood and gore, some awesome 80's hair, and it ends with sunlight. (Whether that is good or bad, I ain't sayin', you'll have to watch it yourself!)

I'm going to hold off on my opinion on whether or not "Near Dark" trumps "Lost Boys." I have a feeling freeek is right since I haven't seen "Lost Boys" in a million years, and although it has the Corey's - I have a suspicion that it will not have aged as well.

2 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Gotta love that big hair.

Octopunk said...

In 2004 I watched Lost Boys and Near Dark back to back and gave LB 3 and ND 4. It's that good 80's kind of slick.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...