Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Visitation

(2006) **

Three strangers show up in the small town of Antioch with a message, "He is coming". Shortly after miracles start happening. People are rising from their wheelchairs, dead dogs are coming back to life, scars disappear & the blind can see. Hallelujah! The He referred to by the strangers appears and is claiming to be Jesus resurrected. But Travis, a former priest who has lost his faith is skeptical of the newly risen savior. He & Morgan a veterinarian start to investigate the man who claims to be Jesus and soon are on to his sketchy past. When some of the miracles start reversing themselves the town becomes divided. It's up to Travis to confront his own demons and reveal the evil behind the false savior.

First of all, the three mysterious strangers are just wrong. The old dude and the kid are worthless and the lead mysterious dude has a friggin' mullet. If I wanted people to believe that someone really important & righteous was coming I certainly wouldn't sent a creepy guy with a mullet to announce my coming. Secondly, Edward Furlong as Jesus. Just look at that top picture and tell me if you would trust him, he looks shady to me. And the biggest problem I have with this film, why is always some fallen from faith preacher that has to save the day. I'm just so tired of these cliche characters. The rest of the religious guys had their faith, why not send them in "Dead Alive" style proclaiming, "I kick ass for the Lord!" It would have made the flick more interesting anyway. Pretty much, this flick is just a big stinking load of religious crap with some moderately cool special effects. Don't waste your time. Oh and Joe is now 4 for 4, I'm sticking to Netflix.

2 comments:

JPX said...

I've never understood how Edward Furlong gets any work. To this day I maintain that T2 is unwatchable because of his cringe-worthy performance.

DKC said...

Oh, Joe! You've failed us for the last time!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...