Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stay Alive

(2006) ***

A group of teens play a video game and discover that when you die in the game, you really die. They need to find the real house the game is based on and stop the ghost of this evil torturous, murdering bitch before they are all dead.

The house is pretty creepy, the effects are pretty cool.

Even the ghost bitch is pretty scary looking.

So why only 3 stars?

That's why.

My son insisted I watch this even though I had seen it before. He bought the dvd with added scenes and said I had to watch it with him because everything is explained so much better. It's not a bad flick altogether, it's watchable. Which is saying something since more than half of these teen flicks are just so bad they're painful. I may have given this 2 ½ but they mention Fatal Frame in the movie and that is the scariest video game I've ever had the pleasure to play so kudos for that. Otherwise, eh.

2 comments:

JPX said...

I completely agree with you!!! Malcolm in the Middle ruined it for me. God, that kid looks more mutant-like the older he gets.

Catfreeek said...

He would have been cast better if they put him in The Hills Have Eyes.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...