Friday, October 03, 2014

All Hallows Eve


(2013) ***1/2

While watching two children on Halloween a babysitter discovers an old VHS tape that someone slipped into the boys bag.The two bratty kids goad to her into watching the film. It's a short but gruesome horror film featuring a creepy clown, the devil and his creepy little drones committing vile acts of murder. After watching this she sends the kids to bed. Once the kids are in bed she continues to explore the tape and discovers there are two more short film segments on it.  One features an alien invasion and the last brings us back to the clown. In between viewing the film segments we are made aware that something is amiss in the house,  noises are being heard and it's obvious that someone is in  there.


This is one creepy clown he would give me nightmares if I weren't so jaded. The fear with these multiple segment films is that you have one good segment and the others suck. I'm happy to report that all three segments hold their own and they are short so they get right to the point. The first story had these weird little imps, I couldn't find a picture to post but they were cool. Looked like smiley faces on ecstasy. They took the time to add static and noise to the VHS segments so they looked more authentic. This was a nice little find and a great addition to anyone's creepy clown collection. Nothing special on the unique death meter but quite pleasantly gory and it takes place on Halloween which almost always bumps the rating for me.

10 comments:

JPX said...

This sounds great! I love anthology! I am currently working on a V/H/s 2 review as a matter of fact. Excellent discovery!

Landshark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Landshark said...

I have a problem with anthology movies. I don't think it's the fear of a dud, but more that I resist getting sucked into something I know is going to be over soon. It's like in the back of my head, I don't feel they've "earned" my total investment. Which is dumb, since some Twilight Zone episodes are awesome and tiny.

DKC said...

This does sound good - nice find! That clown is very creepy.

Catfreeek said...

I do believe it would be biddy safe.

AC said...

Very satisfying when all the segments work. This may have to be queued up.

Catfreeek said...

I think all of Horrorthon is obligated to watch all horror films set on Halloween.

AC said...

Creepy clown content & biddy safe sound like a winning combination. I've added it to the queue, AC.

AC said...

(that would be Mr. AC above, hazards of a shared iPAD.)

Abduscias said...

Looks good!!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...