Thursday, October 16, 2014

Darkman

(1990) ****

Dr. Westlake's quest to perfect artificial skin is interrupted by a violent attack on his lab, leaving the doctor horribly burned and presumed dead.  Leaving rehab, he sets out to reconnect with his girlfriend and exact revenge on the criminals who cost him his former life.

Coming from Sam Raimi, I was expecting more horror, but thoroughly enjoyed this well-cast, highly energetic B-movie. I had never seen it before, how is that possible?  I was torn between 3 and a half and four stars, but the cameo at the end pushed it solidly into four-star territory for me.

3 comments:

Catfreeek said...

I loved this film, I haven't thought about it in forever. What a great pick!

DKC said...

Sounds great!

JPX said...

I don't remember this film at all - it played when I worked at Showcase but I don't recall a single thing about it. I never knew there was a Darkman 3. I think you are obligated to see them all =)

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...