Friday, October 31, 2014

Crucible of Horror

(1971)**
Mother and daughter plot the demise of abusive husband and father Walter Eastwood, but things don't go exactly as planned as the corpse seems to have a way of relocating itself.


Originally titled The Corpse, Tony says that's because it moved at about the speed of a corpse. I generally have patience with these 70s British slow moving films but this one completely lost me in the end. If you're going to move at a glacial pace at least come full circle and make sense when you get to the end. Should've been called crucible of confusion. It's a pity too because it did get rather interesting for a while when the corpse wasn't where they left it. My advice, skip it.

5 comments:

JPX said...

Ugh, this is a PERFECT example of the kind of horror movie I can't deal with - early 70s British, no thanks! I'm glad you're covering all these, Cat!

Catfreeek said...

You may be glad but this one was painful for me.

DKC said...

Sounds brutal. And not in a good way!

Octopunk said...

Oh my god, practically every sentence in this review is hilarious. "Speed of a corpse," Ha!

AC said...

No, no, no!! Life is too short.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...