Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cottage Country

(2013)***1/2
Todd and Cammie are heading to the family cottage for what is supposed to be the perfect vacation. Todd has the engagement ring and he's ready to pop the question. Unfortunately Todd's wayward brother Salinger shows up at the cottage with his Russian girlfriend messing up their plans. As a result, Todd and Salinger get into a raucous fight and in the heat of the moment Todd mindlessly swings an axe killing his brother. As Todd and Cammie attempt to cover up the crime they encounter some bumps in the road resulting in more bodies to add to the pile.

Reminded me of a blond Pauly Shore, I wanted to kill him too.
I do love a successful horror/comedy. I feel fortunate to have found so many good films this year, it's like I hit the Horrorthon lottery! The first ten or fifteen minutes of the film had me wondering if I had mistakenly picked a quirky family comedy. The tables suddenly turn with the swing of an axe and from there on out its nothing but mayhem. Really fun film.

7 comments:

AC said...

I love horror-comedy too, so may have to check it out.

Catfreeek said...

You'll like this one, totally biddy safe.

JPX said...

I watched this over the weekend and really enjoyed it! Review pending...

Mr. AC said...

Way to rock the c-horror, Catfreeek! Now AC and I have more movies on our Horrorthon queue than we can possibly watch before the end of October. :)

DKC said...

I know what you mean, Mr. AC. We had our second annual kids Halloween party this past Saturday which was a huge time suck for me in the lead up. (I will however post a picture of the awesome bat wall I made.)
But now I feel like there are so many things I want to check out and so little time!

Mr. AC said...

I don't know what a bat wall is, DCD, but I can't wait to see the pic.

Octopunk said...

My Horrorthon got so seriously shanked this year I never made a real plan, so for once I'm not facing that deadline pressure. Well, not as bad anyway.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...