Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Abduscias 2011 Wrap-up!


Well, it was definitely a blast! I feel that I have slacked a bit with fun activities with Catfreeek in October, but I also had to watch other things to take a breath from horror(Murder She Wrote/Millenium/Miami Vice series). Next year, I will try harder, maybe pick a theme....though I will still go to Salem for Halloween! Hmmm...maybe serial killers or more werewolf movies. I just can't do the vampire thing anymore. I own the majority of the movies I reviewed, though there were quite a few that I skipped(Nightmare on Elm St series, my zombie movies, Dead Girl, Martyrs, other ghosty movies). The others were watched with Catfreeek :) or through Netflix. I took Cat's advice and made a list of my own! It was a PITA using WordPad, next year I will make an Excel spreadsheet...here we go!My favorite movie of the year! I've watched it 4 times :) Great killing scenes/very artistic.
Dumbest/Goofiest movie...not really a horror movie.
Most Disturbing/Disgusting movie. I agree with Catfreeek!(Taxidermia second place)

I'm sorry to say I don't have one for the most scariest movie, perhaps watching Fulci's Zombie at a drive-in when I was 6 or seeing Exorcist, Jaws, Psycho and many other movies at the ages of 6-12 have jaded my fears. That's why its not easy to tell many horror movies from comedies. In my opinion, few of the movies that I reviewed were comedy or mystery. Does a bump on the head qualify it to be horror because Netflix categorized it as so? Hmmph! I wish to hell that we watched Human Centipede 2 in time for this-didn't get the movie until afterwards. :(
I dooooo look forward to next year!

6 comments:

Catfreeek said...

You kicked some serious ass my friend! It was so much fun having a Horrorthon buddy throughout the month, I'm looking forward to next year. Thanks for dragging me to all the fun stuff. I think you should pick one of the old horror actors(Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing...etc) as a theme for next year, you need to watch more of those old films that you've never seen:)

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Congratulations on finally taking Catfreeek down Abduscias. I never thought I'd see the day! I only pray that next year you two will have busier schedules so that the playing field is leveled.

I appreciate the way that horror runs through your veins. You're freakin' hardcore!

Abduscias said...

Yayyyy! Oooh! I love Christopher Lee!

JPX said...

Congratulations on a banner year! You joined our little blog and mowed it down like a combine raking corn stalks from a field in Central Mexico. I hope both of you dopes are employed next year.

Abduscias said...

hahahahaha!

Octopunk said...

You beat my all-time record by one movie! On your first Horrorthon!

Seriously, girl, that was hard core. I think Cat's got the right idea; hit some classics and look for more you haven't seen. That's always my favorite part of October.

Abby is the winnah!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...