Wednesday, November 09, 2011

The Acolytes


(2008) ***

Pretty interesting once I got past the Aussie accents. The acting isn't wonderful, but the other aspects are creative and artistic. And oh, the beautiful black muscle car! Well, last time I heard of the word"acolytes", it described a wrestling team of two guys.
Two boys that have been bullied all their life try to find out a way to get rid of the bully. They find a way when they come across a killer burying his victim. They follow him and find out where he lives. They then blackmail him, but things take a serious turn badly...
I don't remember this shot of the bird, but I loved the woods most of the movie was shot in.Peek-a-boo.

5 comments:

Catfreeek said...

That bird shot is pretty sweet.

Abduscias said...

I couldn't find a picture of the damn car :(..I liked that car.

Octopunk said...

At first glance I thought that was some huge flying centaur creature. I missed the perspective for a second.

Abduscias said...

Hahaha...an Harry Potter extra?

DKC said...

Getting past those accents can be tough. There's currently a DJ for 95.5 that has an Australian accent and I can't stand to listen to him for more then a few minutes. Ugh!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...