Thursday, November 10, 2011

Werewolf Hunter



(2004) ***1/2

I've seen this under the second name of Romasanta: The Werewolf Hunter. So, when I met Julian Sands and the Rock N Shock last year, I complimented him on "the werewolf movie"among my other favorites(Warlock, Warlock II and Boxing Helena)..lol. I am a huge werewolf/wolf fan, so any non-cheesy movie of the sort will be a big hit for me. Well, ok, I absolutely loved Howling II! I didn't have time to watch it for Horrorthon though :(. Julian Sands is very seductive in this film, pretty much getting everything he wants.
This movie is based on true-life events of Manuel Romasanta, a traveling vendor, who confessed to the murders of thirteen people, using their body fat to make soap! Romasanta goes from town to town with women waiting for him, but he leaves a trail of mutilated cadavers. Barbara, Romasanta's sister-in-law, saves his life as someone in the woods tries to shoot him. Because of this, Romasanta gives her an amulet to protect her from the supposed "wolf killings". When her sister and niece go missing, Barbara goes to find them and meets Antonio. Antonio explains that he has been bitten by Romasanta and that he has been taken under his wing. Antonio realizes he is not meant to be a werewolf, so he is now hunting Romasanta. Barbara finds out that Romasanta killed her sister and niece and takes the authorities to hunt Romasanta.Romasanta is charming Barbara..
Poor Antonio..There is a great transformation, second best to the first Howling!After dinner bath..

3 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Nice one! I never heard of this film before, I'm gonna have to check it out.

DKC said...

Wait, wait, wait - you MET Julian Sands!?!? I love that guy! Although I admit to being a fan of more of his earlier flicks - Gothic and A Room With a View? Hot, hot!

Octopunk said...

Yeah, I'm surprised you saved the name dropping for after the Warlock flicks.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...