Wednesday, November 09, 2011

The Last Winter


(2006) ***1/2

Though it reminded me of John Carpenter's The Thing, I really enjoyed this movie. Not for it's bloody gore, but because it's creepiness. Everything I tried to see the weird"beings" they looked different to me. At first I thought it was a herd of buffalo.

An environmental team is sent to the Arctic to find out if a road can be built for an operation for an oil company. Weird things start happening at this site including one member who starts losing his mind and makes a video diary of himself naked, walking out into the middle of the night and freezing to death. The other members start experiencing weird things and hallucinations possibly caused by sour gases, but one member is not sure they are hallucinations.Video diary..." Hey, I feel like talking a stroll in the -40 degree weather..."The only "being" that you can see for 5 seconds..I still don't know what it is.

4 comments:

JPX said...

I liked this film and I agree, it has a Thing-ish feel to it. I like the remote, frigid setting.

Octopunk said...

What is that monster, a pile of forks?

Abduscias said...

Hahahaha! It looks like a deer standing up in that pic..

DKC said...

This looks good - based on your and JPX's reviews, I'm putting it on my list. (For next year, of course!)

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...