Friday, November 11, 2011

The Ward


(2010) ***

Based in the 60's, John Carpenter's The Ward had some good twists to the movie. I actually didn't see the big one coming at the end! My only issue is that I had to keep reminding myself that this was supposed to be based in the 60's. Most of the crew passes for that decade, but not really the main character. Now that I have seen a lot of movies from that decade, I can compare! The hair wasn't high enough, that's for sure!The main chick could have easily passed for a 70's or even 80's chickie. Oh well. The acting was mediocre, but the plot was good-justifying my 3 stars..lol.
Kristen has just finished burning down a farmhouse when the cops throw her in a mental institution. She meets the other female inmates and try to get along until she starts seeing the ghost of Alice, an inmate that went missing. One of the inmates Iris is released, but none of the other girls believe that she actually left. They try to snoop around to find out what's going on as one by one they get killed until 2 are left. Kristen then decides to find out about Alice.Oops..I did it again.I think this one blew a clown...This is Alice. I think she needs more moisterizer.

5 comments:

Catfreeek said...

blew a clown....hahahaha!

Abduscias said...

I knew you'd like that :)

DKC said...

That is some interesting lipstick application!

Abduscias said...

Hahahahaha!

Octopunk said...

I like how casual the look one her face is, vs. her big weird smile.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...