Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Amityville Horror


(2005) ***

I like this one just as much as the original. It does change the storyline a little bit, but results are just as good. They show more of the history of the house and even show us who Ketchum was and what he did with the house. I don't like that they kill the dog in this one, though. The "Jodie" character does make more sense in this, even though I still like the piggy idea.
The Lutz family move into a new house and deal with house issues. Similar to the original story, this one is more action packed, but has an overdose of lightning at the end(thanks Michael Bay). The priest is still covered in flys when he tries to bless the house, but the door handle flips around and turns into an inverted cross. There is a little girl named Jodie who is a ghost from the previous family that lived there. I do enjoy George Lutz's visions in this one better though.There is no privacy in the bathrooms here..Subliminal messaging on the fridge..This is the new, creepy JodieI like the new, sexy George Lutz ;).

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Yikes! Bathroom ghost is yucky.

I'll have to add this to my (ever-growing) list. It amuses me that people ask if we've run out of horror movies to watch. My list is huge!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...