Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bajo la Sal


(2008) ***

As the movie dragged on long enough, I will forgo the detailed synopsis and humbly refer you to JPX’s review. I would totally give this film a solid meh if it weren’t for the awesome stop action animation scenes. Watching Spanish Barbie get maimed and mauled by Spanish Ken is friggin’ awesome! There really is no other reason to recommend this film, that alone was worth my time. I’m hoping some youtube genius has taken the time to string together all the little Barbie/Ken sequences for my repeated viewing pleasure. Off I go, let’s hope I find pay dirt!

Well here's the first animation sequence, check it out.

4 comments:

AC said...

love the stop-motion clip, glad i didn't have to wade through the whole movie to see it.

DKC said...

Agreed! That was cool, but I'm all set with the "glacially paced" genre.

Crystal Math said...

I enjoyed the review and enjoyed the stop-motion sequence even more! It's a lost art! Super rad :-)

Octopunk said...

Not so lost right now; there's been so much stop-mo work on the west coast this year it's been hard to find people to do the work (knock wood).

Loved that video! I will definitely see this someday.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...