Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Saw The Devil

(2010) ****1/2

After watching several torture and torment films with an unsatisfactory lack of “pipe in the ass”, this film was refreshingly fulfilling. As revenge flicks go, I have to give this one a big high five for being unique in its genre. After serial rapist/murderer Kyung-chul (Min-sik Choi from Oldboy) kills his pregnant finance, Kim Soo-hyeon is hell-bent for revenge. This isn’t just your run of the mill revenge flick, he catches Kyung-chul, beats him nearly to death, then lets him go. This happens repeatedly making the revenge that much more sweet. Yet Kyung-chul doesn’t go down so easily, this psycho has got some fight in him. Crystal Math reviewed this early this month, I had to rate it just a little higher because the “pipe in the ass” is ever so satisfying. One of the best revenge flicks I’ve ever seen, well acted, graphic, brilliantly shot and highly recommended.

7 comments:

JPX said...

I watched this the other night and found it to be both riveting and brutal with a very satisfying pipe-in-the-ass ending!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I've seen it twice now and don't rule out a 3rd viewing!

Catfreeek said...

Reviews?

Whirlygirl said...

I'm hoping to get to this before the month ends, but if not, I'll still view it after October.

Catfreeek said...

You should, it's fantastic! Miss you Whirly:)

Octopunk said...

My final run is pretty much set at this point, but I'll keep this in mind for the future.

DKC said...

I was intrigued by this when Crystal reviewed it and this just seals the deal. I probably won't get to it this year, but it will be on my future list!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...