Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Entity


Laser lights...wheeeeee
(1982) **1/2

Another one of those, loosely based on a true story flicks. Barbara Hershey plays Carla Moran, a single mother of three who is doing the best she can to raise her kids. She awakens one night as she is being raped by an invisible entity. This becomes a regular thing, she tries staying elsewhere, but the ghost is obsessed with her and follows. Her friends and psychiatrist think she’s nuts, so she brings in a group of parapsychologists to try and rid her of the supernatural horndog.

I'm not really writhing with pleasure

Really, I hate this....mmmmmore...you bastard!

I remembered watching this film in the 80’s and thinking how strange it would be have sex with the invisible man. Basically that’s what happens throughout this film, over and over and over again. The ghost is a violent powerful asshole who seems to be insatiable in his appetite for her. It seems more like a feature length excuse for Barbara Hershey to show her naked body, untrimmed 80’s bush in all it’s glory too. The film overplays scenes of invisible hands groping her breasts, so much that I think a better name for the film would have been:

5 comments:

Trevor said...

I really wish I hadn't read your review.

See, I never really knew what The Entity was about. But, my mom always talks about it as one of her favorite scary movies. Now that I know it's about a ghost raping a woman, my mom's preference for this film is really disturbing.

Catfreeek said...

Sorry Trevor.

Abduscias said...

Hahahaha..Love the en-tity! Also, the noise right before she gets it..and invisible booby fondling.

Octopunk said...

That's really the only reason I saw The Entity when I watched in on cable years ago and the only thing I remember about it now. Invisible boob squeezing.

Wait, I mean... the boobs are visibile... never mind.

50PageMcGee said...

how many horror movies feature sex as an element of the plot force? i don't mean, "how many horror movies have boobs?" that'd be like trying to list every rock song that uses the word "ain't".

i mean, for how many horror movies is the plot generated logistically by the plot element of sexual intercourse?

Teeth, for sure.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...