Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Tomb

(2009) **

I guess they can’t all be winners, Fangoria Frightfest picked a real craptacular with this one. A writer falls for this bland and personality void bitch who is afflicted with a curse of a sort. In order to stay alive she has to suck out people’s souls. His life with her becomes all consuming and eventually drives him mad. The lead actress is just horrible, she recites her lines like she’s reading them for the first time. Complete butchery of the Edgar Allen Poe story, Ligeia.

5 comments:

JPX said...

Wow, I almost watched this last night, I'm glad I skipped it! At least you've now seen all the Fango films.

Catfreeek said...

I guess I did get them all, I didn't even realize it.

Octopunk said...

I've been having this odd reaction this year when I hear of plots involving soul-sucking to stay alive. I think that to do so is to be a total jerk and the person should just go ahead and die, and that I'd probably do that very thing in that situation because I'd feel bad about all the killing.

However, if I'm going to be honest, I'd probably suck a bunch of souls before I started to feel bad.

Catfreeek said...

You crack me up.

Trevor said...

Wes Bentley has really had trouble finding work since American Beauty.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...