Friday, October 21, 2011

Psycho

(1960) *****

I feel no need to give a synopsis, nor a review since Jordan and AC both said everything I would want to say and much more eloquently than I could have. So why did I watch Psycho if I had no intention of writing a review? To show off my new tattoo of course!

My tribute to Hitchcock, the master of suspense and my favorite director.

Just finished today and boy am I sore.

Okay, I will be fair and give a short review so JPX won’t give me hell. Marion Crane is just doing what I’m sure any one of us has done at one time, simply checking into a motel. Hitch turns this normal activity into a deadly situation without warning. Norman Bates seems like such a nice, soft-spoken, mild mannered guy. How sweet that he takes care of running things as well as caring for his sick, elderly mother. Who would suspect something was amiss? The first time I saw this film as a child, it scared me so badly, I refused to take anything but baths for a solid month. I think Psycho is the perfect film, Hitchcock really knew how to make your palms sweat. That’s why he’s my favorite director, even though I’ve seen so many of his films over and over, he can still put me on the edge of my seat. So, I don’t know about you, but I always request to be at least 2 rooms away from the motel office.

By the way, I watched Psycho while I was being tattooed, seemed appropriate.

9 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Damn! Love the tattoo, Cat! Hitchcock looks fantastic, as does the Bates Hotel.

You've inspired me to get Cheezo the Clown on my left butt cheek.

Catfreeek said...

I dare you!

The tattoo actually represents 5 Hitchcock films.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Psycho, The Birds, Rope, North by Northwest...? That picture is a mirror image, right? At first I thought the sign read "stab atom" but surely it's Bates Hotel.

Catfreeek said...

Yes bates motel, lol. The last film is Dial M for Murder but it's hard to see in this pic.

Octopunk said...

DAAAAANG! Awesome ink! What a Horrorthon occasion, to watch Psycho while getting that massive tattoo!

Catfreeek said...

I also watched 2 other films, 10 hours of tattooing in 2 sessions, oomph!

AC said...

mr. ac and i bow to your awesomeness, catfreeek! you truly are the queen of horrorthon.

Catfreeek said...

Thanks AC, right now I feel like the queen of pain.

DKC said...

I read your most recent post before seeing this and thought to myself...Hmmm, that looks like new ink on Cat's arm (not only because I didn't remember it from before, but because it had that shiny "antibiotic" sheen to it!) Damn cool, woman!!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...