Saturday, October 29, 2011

Exorcismus

(2010) ***

Parents agree to let a priest record a private exorcism on their 15-year-old daughter. The exorcism is long process requiring several sessions over a period of days. As the process moves forward, young Emma seems to be getting worse instead of better. The fallout from her sessions result in the loss of some family members as the evil within her grows stronger.

Am I bugging you?

Give it your best shot preacher

Suck on this bitch!

This is another film I had never heard of, therefore went into it expecting nothing. It was actually pretty good. I kinda dig these exorcism flicks. Everyone is all serious and frantic, the priest always gets the shit kicked out of him and the possessed usually have a cool voice. This film has it all and Doug Bradley too (Pinhead from Hellraiser), he actually plays a priest. I just wish he had a little more on screen time.

2 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I'm also a sucker for such movies and you're right - the possessed always have cool voices!

Julie said...

Hmm. I said in my Ring 2 review (shit! 6 years ago!) that I didn't find possession stories all that interesting, but besides The Exorcist I don't think I've seen any other exorcism flicks (which doesn't make me a liar, you can have possession movies without straight-up exorcisms).

Perhaps I need to gather more data. Anyway, this looks decent, Cat. I like the bug pic, because I also hate it. Bugs, ick.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...