Sunday, November 06, 2011

Seconds Apart

(2011) ***1/2

A pair of evil twins, Jonah and Seth, wreak havoc in their high school, with mind control abilities. They force their classmates to do terrible things to themselves all the while videotaping their actions for their own viewing pleasure. All is well until Jonah gets a girlfriend, Seth gets jealous and it threatens to tear the two apart. Also, read the fine review done by Abduscias here.


Another film I just happened upon that looked interesting to me. It’s a great concept, the entire school lives in fear of the twins. Imagine teenagers with that kind of power over their peers, they would be unstoppable. Jonah & Seth are arrogant and malicious, anyone who dares to stand up to them pays the ultimate price. Definitely worth watching, it’s nice to find a good one this late in the game.

3 comments:

JPX said...

God I hate the whole "twin" thing. I have no problem with twins I just can't stand it when they have to look identical in every way. That first picture enrages me. If I had a twin I would do everything in my power to look completely different.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

This sounds great. "Mind control" horror is an untapped genre.

Octopunk said...

Somehow I missed the whole mind control part in Abby's review. So THAT's how they made their babysitter eat glass. Yikes.

It's like if the Village of the Damned kids grew up.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...