Monday, October 06, 2014

The Conspiracy



(2012 ) 3.5 Gretchens

Partly found footage
Partly documentary
More than sum of both

Somewhat skeptical
Pair of struggling film makers
Start looking into

A paranoid nut
Or lone voice of sanity
Both seem plausible

The unfolding tale
Is not too predictable
And kept me guessing

So many films suck
When it comes to the ending
But this one does not

While far from perfect
It left me with some haunting questions
To ponder

You may want to check
The guerrilla marketing
Once you’ve watched the film

4 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Oooooh this sounds right up my alley.

JPX said...

It sounds up my alley as well - you had me at "found footage".

Landshark said...

I love that poster/image.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Freakin' hilarious. I've enjoyed your haikus this year Mr. AC! My favorite in this batch:

So many films suck
When it comes to the ending
But this one does not

I always read the haikus as if I'm watching a very serious poetry reading filled with snooty beatniks.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...