Saturday, October 15, 2011

In The Mouth of Madness








(1994) ***

Another awesome John Carpenter film! It is Carpenter's homage to Lovecraft, as you can see by the huge, swirling mass of a monster. Do you read Sutter Cane? Books that make the reader go mad, I tell ya!

Well, its about an insurance investigator who gets hired to find a missing horror writer, Sutter Cane. The investigator John Trent(Sam Neil) thinks the whole deal is a publicity stunt, but he finds the fictional town, among other surprises.
Check Spelling

Pickman's Model...er, Axe

4 comments:

DKC said...

That backwards head, crawly thing is freaking me out!

AC said...

this is in our queue, but may be a little too scary for me after all!

lovecraft stories really scared me growing up.

Octopunk said...

No no, you can handle this, AC! It's good.

John Carpenter's last film of note, in my opinion.

Trevor said...

This freaked me out when I saw it in the theaters. I remember my friends and I were half-expecting to find that the apocalypse had taken place while we were inside.

Every Horrorthoner should see this one.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...