Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Hatchet 2

(2010) ***

Victor Crowley, the bayou butcher is at it again. The deformed demon is hacking his way through the local swamp folk, like a hot knife through butter. It’s all in good fun, but more importantly let’s get to the bottom of Mr. Crowley’s family tree. Never mind all this mumbo jumbo the film tries to sell us about his father and so on. I want to see the bloodline dammit! I’m willing to bet that somewhere down the line someone in his family had an affair with:

Mama Fratelli

Because ole Victor certainly could pass for the evil brother of Sloth.

Just look at those teeth, how could they not be brothers?

Fun film, lots of great gore and some unique and way cool deaths. So jealous that Julie got to hang with the cast & crew. Best line in the film, while inquiring about the Reverend Zombie, played by Tony Todd (Candyman) the response was: “The only thing he’s reverend of is being an asshole.”

5 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

There was a fat kid in my neighborhood growing up who always made us laugh with his Sloth impression. "HEEEEY YOOOOOUUU GUUUUUUYS!" I'm giggling just thinking about it.

Catfreeek said...

I kept imagining him saying that throughout the movie and it made me laugh.

Abduscias said...

Hahahahaha! Throw mama from the train!

DKC said...

Written like that, JSP, it remind me more of the Electric Company!

Octopunk said...

Somehow I completely missed Goonies when it came out and only saw it some time within the past 10 years. It's horrible.

Cat, you are so right about those teeth! I bet it's an homage.

You already touted my lady's coolness regarding this flick (thanks) but I feel obligated to spread the knowledge.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...