Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Hollywood Cemetery Tour

Happy Halloween!

Not a movie review - just a celebration of my favorite holiday. I'm not sure how many of you live in the southern California area, but if you do, I recommend the Hollywood Cemetery Tour. http://cemeterytour.com/ They do the tours year round, but we went this past weekend, and it was a little busier than I imagine it usually is due to the Halloween weekend. It's a 60-acre cemetery surrounded by strip malls, so it really creeps up on you (pun intended). We drove up from San Diego for the day and at $15 per person it was a real baragin. Among the highlights are the graves of:
-Rudolph Valention
-Douglas Fairbanks
-Mel Blan
-Estelle Getty
-the girl that Fatty Arbuckle "murdered"
-my favorite... Toto.

4 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Holy Golden Girls! That sounds like a great October activity. It's tough to compete with the creepiness of the autumn foliage, grey skies and Salem witch history of the east coast but it's better than nothin'! As far as I know there's no Northern California counterpart.

I believe that the only other SoCall Horrorthonners are Octopunk and 50 Page McGee.

Catfreeek said...

Great post Trevor, graveyarding is right up my alley.

Octopunk said...

Is that the Hollywood Forever cemetary? Julie and I saw Whatever Happened to Baby Jane there before Zack was born. They do a whole outside film festival thingie.

Also, it was bought and renovated by a college classmate of mine... unless this is a totally different cemetary.

JPX said...

I love that picture, that's cool that you saw Toto's final resting place. It sound like you had a wonderful day. I'm jealous that you got close to a Golden Girl.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...