Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Mirrors 2



(2010) **


Nick Stahl, stale from his last big role in Terminator 3 is desperate for an acting job. So, he takes a position as the security guard in Mirrors 2. As he is conducting his nightly rounds, he notices strange things and reflections in the store's mirrors. Then, employees start to die, and thus it's up to the night security guard to save the day!
This was preceded by a Lengthy shower sequence.

The first Mirrors film with Keifer Sutherland was alright - it's main appeal being the abandoned/burned out department store which had previously been a psychiatric hospital.



Well, this one had a much lower budget so the set up is a new department store, that hasn't been loaded with any merchandise yet. So, yeah, it's just an empty commercial building. A full, in-use store would have had a lot of potential, but a bunch of cavernous, modern empty rooms was just poor atmosphere. Really fun kill sequences, but overall, not scary enough to be a fully effective film.

Here's part of that shower sequence.

4 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Even though the shower scene death has been done so many times I'm always curious to see what new twist movies come up with. That one looks pretty grisly.

Octopunk said...

While I was writing my Piranha review I learned that Alexandre Aja directed the first Mirrors, which made me want to see it. Then I guess I forgot.

Octopunk said...

Props on the shower scene mention.

JPX said...

I thought the first Mirrors was okay, given reflective surfaces are one aspect of horror that totally freak me out. Going with a lower budget for a sequel is certainly a step in the wrong direction. I think I'll skip this one.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...