Thursday, November 03, 2011

Rogue

(2007) ***1/2

An American travel journalist goes to Australia on assignment. On a tour with a group of people, a huge, man-eating crocodile attacks them. The boat sinks and they are stranded deep in swampy woods. It’s a fight for their lives, man against beast.

This was good man vs nature film. Crocs are the reptile equivalent to sharks, they are big, strong, driven eating machines. They have no interest in us for any reason other than food. The beast in this film is old and smart. Oh and did I mention he’s huge? He’s picking off people with the grace of a stoner at an all you can eat buffet. It’s a fun and tense film filled with action and some pretty sweet gore. Good stuff.

3 comments:

JPX said...

I reviewed this in 2008 and gave it the exact same rating that you did. I remember it being one of the better man vs. beast movies. I'm glad you reminded me of this film, I want to watch it again!

DKC said...

Love the crocodile/shark comparison. So true! Plus crocodiles are still so "dinosaur" looking - they creep me out!

Octopunk said...

Yeah, big crocs! I've been meaning to do a giant alligator/croc roundup but I've been stymied because Lake Placid is so godawful.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...