Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Sakebi (Retribution)


(2006) ***1/2

A detective investigates a series of murders which look like the work of a serial killer. He begins seeing the ghost of a woman in a red dress who he believes is the unknown victim. He strives to solve the murder and find her identity so that he will be free of her ghost. But the investigation is not so cut and dry and the detective finds that he's more involved with the ghost then he thought.


This was a really good J-horror film also reviewed by JPX last year. I rated it slightly lower than he did only because I really didn't find it to be scary at all. The story itself is really good and it held my interest throughout. A very good movie, I just wish the ghost had been a bit more frightening.

3 comments:

JPX said...

Cool, I remember digging this one! I just like the idea of the ghost woman haunting that building by the bay as boats go by. Great imagery and the "red" really stands out. I'm glad you liked it.

Octopunk said...

I dig that picture of the crack in the wall, but I agree she doesn't look too scary in that last one. She looks like she's about to hold up a clipboard and ask him to donate money.

Whirlygirl said...

JPX did I watch this with you or at least plan to? I feel like I did, yet I have no recollection of it.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...