Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Whispering Corridors (Yeogo Goedam)

(1998) *

This was an hour and forty-five minute crapfest that took me three hours to watch. Why? Because it was so boring that I had to take a number of breaks. It’s so tiresome that I’m not even going to bother to provide a decent summary. All you need to know is that there is a ghost at a school killing people, and there are not even enough deaths for my taste. Total fizzlework. The only entertainment to be had in this sleeping pill is watching the asshole teachers punch their students in the face.

3 comments:

JPX said...

Ugh, I concur. When I first discovered all the Asian stuff about 8 years ago I was ordering tons of movies from overseas, which was pretty much the only way to get them at the time. I heard a lot of buzz about this film series (there are 4 sequels, Memento Mori, Wishing Stairs, Voice, and A Blood Pledge/Suicide Pact) and picked up the first 2 sequels. Although Wishing Stairs has some game, overall these films suck. Voice and A Blood Pledge came out more recently and I have no desire to check them out.

Catfreeek said...

Blah, I hate when they turn out boring. I'd rather watch a campy indie film with bad zombie make up, at least it's good for a laugh.

DKC said...

It's a bummer that Asian horror ended up so saturating the market that you end up with stuff like this. Especially because there are some that are so good.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...