Saturday, October 16, 2010

Live Freaky Die Freaky

(2006)

“Live Freaky, Die Freaky” aka “What the fuck was I thinking!” I found JPX's nightmare! A stop action animated musical about the life and times of Charles Manson. The description said, and I quote Netflix, “Set in the year 3069 when the Earth is in tatters, John Roecker's irreverent animated tale begins when a drifter stumbles upon a copy of Helter Skelter. Believing the book to be a sacred text and that Charles Mason is the new messiah, the vagabond embarks on a drug-induced adventure to change the world. “ Sounded interesting enough and pretty original. Wrong! After two hours of watching this suck fest I figured out that it was just a glorified retelling of the whole Manson family horror show through vile graphic claymation and bad music. After watching a good solid hour of claymation Charlie fucking claymation Susan Atkins in every possible orifice, I wanted to light my hair on fire. The whole futuristic guy finding a book thing lasted about 3 seconds, oh look a book! Then it just goes into this retelling of things from Susan Atkins perspective. The beginning of the film warns, do not watch this if you are easily offended. Now I don't consider myself to be the type who is easily offended, but this film takes it far beyond offensive and into complete and utter bad judgment. Everything about this film is blatantly offensive and unnecessarily gross.


The plot is so weak it was like an afterthought. It seemed they just used the whole futuristic 3069 plot teaser as a ploy to see how many people they could suck in and offend in the process. Am I offended? Damn right I am! I'm offended that they wasted my time by feeding me a lie to get me to watch this incredible piece of complete shit. It wasn't smart and edgy and the political point it was trying to make was buried underneath a large steaming pile of bad taste. I bore witness to claymation people going through menstruation, decapitation, castration, protruding hemorrhoids, sodomy, projectile birth, vivisection, mutilation and really annoying dialog. I know all I have to say to JPX to make him stay away is musical. To the rest of you, watch if you want to but don't say I didn't warn you.

7 comments:

Whirlygirl said...

Oh my god!

AC said...

wow!!!!

DKC said...

Ha, AC, you stole my comment.

Wow.

Octopunk said...

You just made me laugh out loud by ending that list of gross content with "really annoying dialogue."

Projectile birth!

Nothing can suck quite like bad indy animation.

Catfreeek said...

Thing is the people involved in this make up a pretty impressive list. If this is the result they should never collaborate again. Ever!

50PageMcGee said...

if it were a musical about rape, would JPX like it then? i hear he likes movies about rape. because he likes rape.

Catfreeek said...

Troublemaker.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...