Friday, October 29, 2010

Killdozer


(1974) TVM **

During the opening credits of Killdozer we are shown an errant asteroid plunging towards Earth and crashing into a Pacific Island where a construction team is busy paving a runway. This is the early 40s and presumably the runway will be as asset for our allied forces in WWII. None of this matters, of course, what matters is that while examining the asteroid the men unwittingly unleash an alien presence that immediately takes refuge in a huge-ass bulldozer.


Why is every asteroid that hits the Earth evil?

Pretty soon the bulldozer comes to “life” operating under the auspices of the alien menace. For a reason never explained the alien develops a chip on its shoulder and begins menacing the work crew, first knocking out their communications and then stalking them one at a time. What ensues is a series of hilarious sequences where the men attempt to evade the glacially paced bulldozer (picture that scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail where the soldier is charging towards the castle but takes forever to get there and you get the idea).


Get away from me you slow-as-molasses beast!

The scenes of the Killdozer “stalking” the men are hilarious and are reminiscent of this scene from Family Guy,



Killdozer is a terrible movie that is not without its charms. This is one of those films were it would be so easy to evade the Killdozer (heck, just run into a pond) yet the men make all the wrong decisions, such as taking the Killdozer on like this,


Clash of the titans

If you’re at work and you’re bored and you have access to You Tube, watch Killdozer, otherwise skip it.

10 comments:

DKC said...

Perfect review for the first one of the morning! Too funny.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Killdozer = I love it! I'm fairly certain I would pay to see a big budget remake of this.

Landshark said...

Yeah, you had me at the title.

Catfreeek said...

I totally remember that title but I'm quite sure I never saw the film. Funny review, I think I need to see this now. I bet Tony saw it.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

It's always a feather in your cap if Catfreeek says "Neither Tony nor I have seen this" because it happens so rarely!

Octopunk said...

I am so jealous that you saw this.

AC said...

title = worth a star

50PageMcGee said...

i'm for a remake, but knowing hollywood these days, it'd be some juiced up modern bulldozer that flies and has apps. it just wouldn't have the purity that the original did.

fuck hollywood.

Catfreeek said...

Yeah, fuck 'em!

Whirlygirl said...

Haha! I love your movie choices this year.

I think JPX should start working on the script for the remake.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...