Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The House of the Devil




(2009) ****

I really liked this movie, even though the main character is walking around most of the movie.

Walk walk walk walk...

Its set in the 80's with neat music and gnarly hair-do's. Its about a college student Samantha, who takes a job babysitting for a creepy couple on the night of a full lunar eclipse and finds out that there's alot more to it!
Mrs. Creepy(though I loved her in Warlock 2)

There's also a neat scene with Samantha dancing around with her headphones on listening to The Fixx and a pizza parlor all decked out in the 80's. What a neat decade!



"I charge extra for overtime!!"



5 comments:

Octopunk said...

Now now, Abby, is that screenshot fair? Certainly I can find evidence of any movie character walking around at some point.

Hmm, except that guy from My Left Foot. Or R2-D2. Okay, never mind.

Glad you like the movie, it's a killer.

Catfreeek said...

Yeah, great horror flick.

DKC said...

Definitely getting to this movie this year.

Trevor said...

Am I the only one that thought that yes, while the style of this movie was awesome, the ending payoff didn't justify the waiting?

Probably.

Octopunk said...

I can see that, Trevor, but I can't recall hearing anyone else say it and I definitely didn't feel that way myself. I found the payoff quietly epic.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...