Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Perfect Host


(2010) ***1/2

I would have rated this 1/2 star higher if things didn't start to unravel due to too many twists in the last half hour.  I don't want to say too much about the movie either as it's really best to have no preconceived notions going in.  So here's my first shortened review:

John Taylor robs a bank, his getaway does not go as planned and he ends up smooth-talking his way into a house where the host is getting ready for a dinner party.  What happens after that is crazy, violent, funny and showcases David Hyde Pierce at his most awesome-est.


In fact, both performances -  John is played by Clayne Crawford - are really excellent.


Not super scary, but well worth the time.

5 comments:

AC said...

sounds intriguing!

Octopunk said...

Wow, I just realized I miss David Hyde Pierce! I guess because he's been held at knifepoint all this time.

Catfreeek said...

This sounds like my cup of tea.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I caught the preview to this (which totally spoiled the direction the movie goes) and it looked great! I miss David Hyde Pierce too.

DKC said...

Yeah, JSP, a lot of the posters gie some of it away as well. But there is definitely a twist to it that I wasn't expecting.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...