Saturday, October 01, 2011

Let Me In


(2010)




It's a love story
And it's a vampire story
It's sweet, not scary

This was the gist of the conversation I was having with AC after watching this film.  I enjoyed it thoroughly, but was a bit disappointed that AC and I hadn't started Horrorthon 2011 with something more frightening, glitchy, disturbing, or disgusting.  That's when it happened.

I stood up, walked toward the bathroom, turned on the light, started to cross the threshold into the room, and then I yelled (AC claims it was more of a scream), jumped back, and slammed the door.  

Why?  Because, when I turned on the light, I saw the largest, hairiest insect I've ever seen scurrying down the outside of the shower curtain.  Don't believe me, this is what I saw:

I'm ashamed to say that I probably would have avoided that bathroom permanently if AC hadn't bravely slain the large-mandibled beast with nothing but a teva.

And that's how my first night of Horrorthon 2011 went.

Guess I should be more careful what I wish for in future.

6 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!! I'm with you on this one, I would have gotten Tony to kill it!

Octopunk said...

Agh, the dreaded House Centipede, straight from God's workbench to your nightmares.

Those are one of my most hated critters. One time I went to kill one at JPX's apartment in Albany and put a hole in his wall with my boot. And missed it. Got it on stomp #2.

AC said...

albany! memories... where i met both mr. ac and jpx, as well as many a house centipede.

i gotta say, hearing an adult "yell" immediately after a horror movie definitely amps the adrenaline.

i'm surprised our cat, who is usually pretty good with bugs, hasn't kept the feathery-legged bastards at bay.

JPX said...

I don't blame you for screaming, man, those bugs are damn creepy! I can't deal with anything that has multiple legs and these bugs are gross. I share your girlish scream. Funny review!

DKC said...

Great review! That bug is craZAZy! EEEEEKKK!

50PageMcGee said...

[shudder]

this is like the Octo/JPX sick-burn story. except in this case, the part of JPX is played by an arthropod.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...