Sunday, November 06, 2011

Priest

(2011) ***

Adapted from the popular Tokyopop comic book series, Priest is the story of a futuristic world after which a group of super warriors known as Priests have defeated the vampire plague and now have no real place in the world. When the vampires seem to be reappearing, the church refuses to accept it so one Priest goes out on his own to stop the creatures and rescue his niece who has been abducted by them

The vampires are great looking, unique and more creature than human. I do like this take on vampires, makes them scarier as an enemy. Aside from the cool looking vampires and some really kick ass fight scenes, the film itself is sadly mediocre. The dialog seems forced and amateurish, the acting over exaggerated. The ending is left in such a way that there was clearly a sequel in mind, however imdb shows nothing in the works.

4 comments:

Crystal Math said...

I eat sci-fi action adventure stuff like this for breakfast. Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to check it out :-D

JPX said...

I was curious about this movie. Despite seeing previews for it I could never tell what it was about. I can't handle people fighting CGI monsters, I never "believe" it.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Catfreeek it seems like you went on a last minute vampire tear and found a couple of decent ones.

Octopunk said...

What Crystal said. I know I will see this someday, just like I know I'll see that Milla Jovovich flick Ultraviolet someday, despite all the warnings.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...