Sunday, November 06, 2011

Quicksilver Highway


(TV1997) ***

Mick Garris+Clive Barker+Stephen King=Weee! Two fun little horror stories, in the veins of Tales from the Crypt. Except the Crypt Keeper is Christopher Lloyd. Mwahahaha! Christopher Lloyd plays a traveling showman that tells the tales to a woman waiting for her husband, as he goes to get help for their broken down car. The first tale is "Chattery Teeth", about a salesman that stops by a gas stop on the side of the road to get gas and buys a wind-up chattery teeth for his son's birthday. As he's driving home, he picks up a hitchhiker who tries to rob and kill him. The teeth protect him from the intruder...The second tale is "The Body Politic". It's about a pair of hands of a man(Matt Frewer) that start a revolution among other hands. Its got blood and suicidal hands, but its funny more than scary."No, it's not a Hand of Glory. I just need a manicure".Chattery TeethNeed a hand?

3 comments:

JPX said...

Wow, I never knew this existed! I try to catch all of King's stuff but this one escaped. I'm going to grab this from Netflix.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Ditto! The image of the hands sold me. The only other anothology movie I can think of with two stories rather than three is Two Evil Eyes.

Octopunk said...

On one hand that's pretty cool, because I recall both short stories and they're both damn good. However I once checked out a straight-to-video version of Stephen King's "Bogeyman" and it was Z-level dreck. So the fact I've never heard of this makes me leery.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...