Saturday, October 03, 2009

The Unborn


(2008)* 1/2

For a synopsis, please scroll down to JPX’s fabulous review. I completely agree with all JPX’s comments. This film was a waste of time. I was so bored because it was slow, scareless, and unimaginative. I couldn't care less about any of the characters; the boyfriend especially has no purpose, and against what JPX says, does not “titillate the ladies with his bare chest.” 

I must confess that I did cover my face once, and shamefully for this silly scene, but ever since the exorcist, my eyes cannot watch people walking like spiders. For some reason it gives me nightmares.  JPX, AC, Mr. AC, any ideas why?

I know JPX loved reading the first line of my review. We just had a discussion last night about reviewing films that we watch together.  It upsets him that I use his as a way to omit the synopsis from mine.  Here is a direct quote from JPX: “I know you wait until I write my review so you can piggyback it.”

So the question remains, will I wait to post the review for every movie I watch with JPX this Horrorthon simply so I can PIGGYBACK his? You better believe it. So no hoarding reviews this year JPX, I’m counting on you. 

5 comments:

JPX said...

Damnit, Whirlygirl, I'm on to you!!! I know we're watching a movie tonight and I expect YOU to summarize.

PS. No covering your eyes! shameful.

AC said...

people walking like spiders is intrinsically creepy, whirlygirl. and i don't want jpx to hoard reviews either, but only because i want to enjoy reading them as soon as possible.

horrorthon!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I wholly endorse your piggybacking.

Pleasantly surprised to see you Whirlygirl!

DKC said...

I can totally picture JPX saying that to you! Ha! Keep it up Whirly!

Octopunk said...

Relying on other people's plot summaries leaves you more room to watch horror movies! Keep it up!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...