Thursday, October 08, 2009

Versus: Director's Cut


(2000) ***1/2

There are 666 portals that connect this world to the other side. These are concealed from all human beings. Somewhere in Japan exists the 444th portal.... The forest of resurrection. Hell yeah!!



Prisoner KSC2-303 escapes from a maximum security prison. He is supposed to meet up with some gangsters in the forest of resurrection. The gangsters double cross him and it ends up in a fight but they are not alone. The gangsters soon realize that the numerous bodies they've buried in the forest have left their graves and they're pissed too. Eventually KSC2-303 realizes that he is the reincarnation of a Samurai destined to fight his rival over portal 444. The two men lock horns in an earth shaking fight to the death.


What can I say this movie has got it all. Samurais, zombies, gun fights, kung fu, massive bloodshed, explosions and lots of angry Japanese men. So much fun I wanted to watch it twice. These are some bad ass zombies I would not want to tangle with. Not flesh eaters, they fight hand to hand and use weapons. The bastards just don't die either, well at least not so easily as a shot to the head. I think the only real way to kill them is to chop them into pieces or shoot them like 300 times.


The battles are friggin' awesome! Holes being blown through heads and eyes popped out. Great stuff, lots of fighting. It's more like an action horror. Is it silly? Of course it is and I loved it!

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

I've heard about this one since my first encounters with Asian cinema, and I think JPX and I even watched the first ten minutes once... not sure.

But I do know I really want a grey jumpsuit with the word "lawbreaker" on it like that guy's.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Damn Catfreeek, I'm going to have to devote an entire year to the movies you've unearthed!

Whirlygirl said...

Sounds great!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...