Saturday, October 08, 2011

Demonic Toys

(1992) **1/2

This is a little silly. To me it was more of a comedy than horror. Though the baby doll said some pretty nasty shit, the clown is creepy as hell, and the bear is too damn cute!

How cuddly!

A botched bust on a pair of arms dealers inadvertently leads to the raising of a sixty-six-year-old demon with the power to bring toys to life as his personal minions. The demon is looking for a body to inhabit so he can increase his powers, and it just so happens that one of the police officers is pregnant with the ideal host. As the murderous toys close in on their victims, the officer must not only fight for her life, but for the soul of her unborn child. The idea just reminded me too much of Child's Play, but entertaining in a silly way.
See this??
The bear gets bigger and bigger throughout the movie. He ends up werewolf size by the end of the movie!!??

6 comments:

Catfreeek said...

I love the bear!

Hey Sweatpants, sounds like this might be another clown movie for you.

Abduscias said...

Clowny toy goes"nom nom nom!"

JPX said...

I've always wondered about this movie. It sounds a bit too ridiculous fo my taste but I'm glad we finally have it covered here.

Octopunk said...

What he said. Although I'm enough of a toy freak that I may have to check this out.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Yeah, I remember when I worked at Blockbuster I must have picked this box up 20 times but took the plunge.

DKC said...

I definitely think this falls into a sub-genre of your current subject, JSP.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...