Saturday, October 08, 2011

Prom Night

(1980) ***

Yes, it took me this Horrorthon to watch this! I knew it was going to be a little cheesy, but after seeing Jamie Lee Curtis in the original Halloween, I had to see this. And whats worse was I caught my damn toes constantly tapping in bed everytime I heard the disco music! Ahhh! I really enjoyed the hell out of the music! So, the whole story is about a masked killer who stalks four teens responsible for the accidential death of a child six years earlier at their high school's senior prom. The acting isn't all that great, but I didn't have any high expectations. I gotta say, though, this is the second movie I've seen where Leslie Nielsen plays a serious character, besides in Creepshow.


Gettin jiggy with it!!

5 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Way to keep cranking out the reviews.

AC said...

i'm not usually a fan of slashers, but jamie lee + leslie + disco sounds kinda interesting....

Octopunk said...

Hee hee! Prom Night is like the Special Olympics of serial killing. And there's a disco dancing scene that's like "Let's show them what we can do!"

Octopunk said...

So I guess it's like the Special Olympics of dancing, too.

DKC said...

I have to say - your review did kind of sell it! I'm with AC, sounds intriguing (in a silly way.)

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...