Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween








(1978) ****

What a classic directed by John Carpenter! Such a great beginning for Jamie Lee Curtis! I saw this when I was 6, enjoying every moment about it. Classic theme music too! The beginning is great, then slows down a bit until Michael Myers starts the killing.
This movie is about a psychotic killer, Micheal Myers, that escapes from an institution and returns home. He decides to go after Laurie(Jamie Lee Curtis) when she drops off a key to the abandoned Myers house. When he starts to stalk her, he comes across her friends first.
"Totally!!!"
Throughout the movie Dr. Loomis, Michael Myer's child psychologist, tries to find him, cause even though Haddonfield, his hometown, is 150 miles away, Michael Myers knows how to drive. Oh, and in the Halloween series, they teach you not to have sex, or you get killed..

Not a ghost from Beetlejuice!
Michael Myers is seen as the Boogeyman by the little boy, Tommy, Laurie is babysitting. So, every time Tommy sees him, he freaks out. I guess it doesn't help that Tommy is watching horror movies all day, being Halloween and all. I love this movie..seen it over 10 times this past month alone. It puts me in the Halloween spirit! You're definitely going to want to see this if you haven't. Watch this one before the remake!

10 comments:

JPX said...

Halloween is probably my favorite horror movie of all time. I try to watch it annually. It's a toss up between Halloween and The Ring. Are you going to review all of the sequels? I like Parts 2, 3, 4, and H20. Part 3 has nothing to do with the series but it's a fun "mad scientist" caper.

Catfreeek said...

I love this flick too, it's a great mood setter.

Octopunk said...

This movie is in a class by itself. It wasn't the first slasher movie (see Black Christmas, for instance), but it's the one that launched a thousand jets of blood.

Classy move to watch it for your first Thon, Abby.

DKC said...

I haven't sat down and watched this whole movie in years. Let's put that on the to-do list!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I've never heard of this movie before but it sounds promising.

AC said...

bah hah johnny sweatpants, you are king of the wiseguys!

Landshark said...

Noone else commented on this?

"I saw this when I was six."

Man that's some serious 6 year old gonads. I think I saw Orca at around 7...maybe Food of the Gods, but Halloween would have freaked me the fuck out, I'm sure.

Trevor said...

10 times in the past month alone?!? Really?

If so, I think you have to write a review for each time you see this during the month of October.

We can do repeats, right? Could someone check the rule book please?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Duplicate reviews have been done before but never in the same year.

Abduscias said...

Yup, I was raised on horror movies. And yes, this is one of my movies I sleep to. My sleeping movies are: Session 9, Halloween, House of the Devil, Exorcist 3, and Burnt Offerings.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...