Wednesday, October 15, 2008

À l'intérieur (Inside)


(2007) ****

Sarah and her husband get into a head on crash, her husband is killed. Miraculously, a pregnant Sarah and her baby have survived the crash. Four months later Sarah is just about ready to deliver. She's home alone on Christmas eve when a woman comes to her door claiming that her car broke down and needing to use a phone. When Sarah refuses to let her in the woman shows up at her bedroom window and tries to break in. Sarah calls the police but when they arrive the woman is gone. They assure her they will be back to check in on her in the night. After a bit she begins to feel better and drops off to sleep.

She awakens to a crazed unknown woman hovering over her with a pair of scissors. Sho wants to cut the baby out of her. She wants Sarah's baby for her own and she intends to take it. Sarah is in for a night of hell struggling for her life and the life of her unborn infant in this tense ultra-violent thriller.

Just look at this bitch. She is just relentless in her pursuit. One look at her and I knew this woman would stop at nothing to get what she wanted.

Sarah spends the better part of the film trapped in the bathroom. Her water has broken and she is struggling with labor pains while fighting for her life.


This psychotic woman kills anyone who tries to stop her. This flick is completely terrifying, I would not recommend it to a pregnant woman. Jeez, I was cringing through the better part of it. They spared no expense when it came to blood. More than one jugular gets punctured and sprays all over the place.

I will warn any of you who decide to watch this. There are scenes that are highly disturbing. This was an excellent Horror flick and I do mean that with a capital H. It's a psychologically disturbing gore fest that will have you squirming in your seat. At the end of it all my hubby summed it up best with one word, "Daaaaamn!"

7 comments:

JPX said...

Whirlygirl is going to kill me because she's been wanting to see this film forever and when I gave her my copy the wrong film was on it! Hopefully she won't check the blog today.

Catfreeek said...

Whoops! I just hate it when you get the wrong movie. When Netflix first sent me The Red Shoes they sent the 1948 classic in the J-horror sleeve, I was so pissed. Nothing worse than settling in to watch something and it's wrong.

JPX said...

Yeah I wanted Attack of the 50ft Woman at one point and they sent me some awful Kim Bassinger remake, but in the 1950s packaging.

Landshark said...

Man, great review, but I might have to pass on this one. Sounds like too much for me.

DKC said...

Yeah - don't think I could handle this. Reading the review made me feel kind of oogie...

Octopunk said...

This sounds great! I might have the stones for it.

Last year I intended to start my 'thon with Gojira (Godzilla), and I settled in just as Catfreeek mentions, and they'd sent me the special features dvd instead, the wankers. So I got to see a trailer for the movie I was thinking I was about to see.

miko564 said...

Once again, my I please mention guns? A nice short-barreled shotgun (like the one in my wife's closet), would make it unnecessary to try to defend yourself with a piece of broken mirror.

Great review Cat! I might give this a go, we are far enough past any pregnancy anxieties.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...