Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Orphanage

(2007) *****

Quick summary since it's already been done twice this Horrorthon. A woman and her family move into the orphanage where she lived as a child intending to reopen it for handicapped children. Her son has imaginary friends and on the day when the real children arrive he mysteriously vanishes. They spend months looking for him with no success and finally turn to a medium for answers.

Okay, I know my synopsis is lame but I really couldn't see myself writing it as nicely as Whirly or JPX so I just didn't do it. Point is, you don't need me to tell you this movie is scary as hell. My friend came over and watched it with us and she made me walk her to her car. She was afraid a sack boy would be hiding in the back seat. Great movie, a must see no doubt about it.

4 comments:

JPX said...

I'm so happy you liked it! I think this is one of the best horror movies in the past 10 years.

Catfreeek said...

I totally agree. The story is great and it scares the hell out of you, what's there not to love.

DKC said...

I'm going to have to watch this. It's not bad to have four reviews of the same flick is it?

Catfreeek said...

Heck no, you gotta see this movie.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...